Lifeline and Tribal Link Up Programs
The Lifeline program is a government program established by the FCC and the Texas Public Utility Commission to make monthly telephone service more affordable.
LivCom provides a federal Lifeline discount of $9.25 per month, and a state discount of up to $3.50 per month for each qualifying household under the Lifeline program. LivCom is proud to offer the Lifeline discount on all of its voice service offerings, including any bundles.
A customer’s household is eligible for the Lifeline Program discount if that customer’s annual household income is at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines, or if the customer, a dependent, or the customer’s household participates in one or more of the following:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly Food Stamps
- National School Lunch free lunch program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Health benefits coverage under the state Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Eligible households may only have Lifeline on one wireless telephone or one wireline telephone, not both. Lifeline customers may not transfer their Lifeline discount to another person even if the other person is eligible.
For more information, contact Lite Up Texas at 1-866-454-8387 or www.liteuptexas.org.